Sawyer | Chicago Naperville newborn photographer – Shorewood newborn photographer

For most couples, the dream of adding a baby is the quintessential moment of becoming a family.  When two becomes three.  When we gladly put aside thoughts of “me” for thoughts of someone who needs us completely.  But dreams come true in different ways.

This beautiful couple were blessed with their baby boy, Sawyer, and were so thrilled to have him.  Of course all parents are in love with their precious newborn babies.  But this couple had something more.  They were thankful for their new son – a gift all the way from Texas through adoption.  They had received the call when the birth mother went into labor and immediately drove down.  Can you imagine how unbearably long that drive from Chicago (technically, Shorewood) to Flordia would have been as you’re awaiting news of the baby?  I can’t.

Anyway, I always love photographing newborns because it is the only time I insist upon the parents being in pictures.  There is a rawness of emotion, when feelings are still too fresh to be hidden that is utterly breathtaking, that is present during the first few weeks of a new life.  Sometimes parents don’t want to be photographed, but I insist because they are not going to remember much of this time.  It passes in a blur of sleeplessness and joy and fear and every other emotion.  And soon enough this baby will not look like this anymore.  He will start crawling and then walking and then saying “no, no, no!, and the parents won’t be sleepless anymore but still feel as clueless.  And then they will see these pictures.  These moments of peace, love, and perfection, and be reminded of the gift they were given.

Ok, enough sap! LOL  I enjoyed trying some more new things with the light background for a change.  And thank you to Dad for being willing to go topless for me.  🙂   Tell me they aren’t a gorgeous family?!

Posted in ,

No Comments

1. Jennifer Boggett on April 21, 2011 at 3:12 am

Your story made me tear up 🙂 Congratulations to this family! You captured them so beautifully – it’s hard to pick a favourite!

2. Jennifer on April 21, 2011 at 3:17 am

I looked at the pictures and was wowed by the dramatic lighting and your ability to capture a connection, and then I went back up and read the story, and now I’m sitting in tears! Such lovely work!

3. Anette on April 21, 2011 at 3:26 am

Ohhhh, what a beautiful family they are. I love the story about how they got him and i am so excited for them. I can see how much they love him and I adore the pictures where the parents are in there with him…love how they are looking at him and each other. You did an amazing job with capturing the love they have for him…just beautiful!!

4. Lisa H on April 21, 2011 at 3:26 am

Oh I loved reading this story, what a sweet, sweet family! I absolutely love the photos you captured of this new family…treasures for sure!

5. Maria on April 21, 2011 at 3:27 am

Oh these are all wonderful! I love moms expression with his little yawn and dad is so sweet with him. Great connections captured!

6. Liz on April 21, 2011 at 12:46 pm

How beautiful. What a lovely family and you captured them beautifully.

7. Silvina B. on April 21, 2011 at 2:37 pm

Oh my goodness, these are BEAUTIFUL!!! And that baby was simply MEANT for them….congratulations!

8. BigRed on April 21, 2011 at 3:24 pm

These are so beautiful!! Raw emotion captured! Tearing as I type. 🙂

9. Kirstie Farrar on April 21, 2011 at 5:36 pm

Beautiful!! What an adorable, squishy little bundle of baby. Many congrats to the family!

10. Yana on April 21, 2011 at 5:39 pm

What a great session. That last photo with dad is my favorite. Beautifully done!

11. Candy on April 21, 2011 at 5:46 pm

These photos are amazing! I love the one with baby on Dad’s bare shoulder. And the one where baby Sawyer is sound asleep and Mom and Dad are looking at eachother–Wow. Fantastic job, Megan. And congrats to the beautiful family!

12. Cathy on April 21, 2011 at 6:18 pm

You continue to amaze me. What great talent you have, my dear!

13. Vanessa German on April 21, 2011 at 6:48 pm

Exposures are spot on. Excellent job! Love cute daddy with the baby. I’m still waiting for the right guy to try that one. Love that white fur too!!

14. Charlotte on April 21, 2011 at 6:58 pm

Simply stunning work, love your processing on these.

15. Katherine on April 21, 2011 at 7:47 pm

These are all so beautiful! I especially love the ones with the lighter background.

16. Joanna Polling on April 21, 2011 at 11:35 pm

awww, what a beautiful baby!

17. Krissy Allori on April 22, 2011 at 1:39 am

Really truly gorgeous. I love all of them. The yawning shot is my favorite. Such a beautiful couple and baby. They are so fortunate to have been blessed with such a perfect little bundle.

18. Aimee Buxton on April 22, 2011 at 2:04 pm

These are lovely. The lighting is just perfect and the family is amazingly beautiful! I love the one with daddy and baby <3

19. kristin on April 22, 2011 at 10:24 pm

what a gorgeous family!! i love the variety in these!

20. Kimberly Marie on April 23, 2011 at 1:47 am

Absolutely precious!! LOVE them all- perfectly captured 🙂

21. Katie Lou on April 23, 2011 at 4:30 am

Oh Wow! These literally made me tear up! The emotion and love is shining through. Just stunning. Congrats to the new family of 3!