Firefly Nights Photography is an internationally award-winning portrait and commercial photography studio. Naperville Photographer, Megan Drane, considers herself a visual storyteller, capturing the playful, whimsical, and mysterious aspects of people. By capturing people’s true essence in combination with mastered lighting and experience, we create true pieces of art. Our goal is not to provide you with pictures that will be on your desk until the next milestone, but to provide art that can stand the test of time. Whether it be beautiful outdoor images, or commissioned composite pictures, we thrive on creating spectacular pieces.
Our commercial photography originated with people and portraits with products or for advertising purposes. However, now we also provide straight product photography, professional headshots, and advertising campaigns.
The other reason Megan created this business is to help outsiders see the wonderful gifts of joy special needs children bring to their families. (Please click on the SPECIAL NEEDS link for more information)
Firefly Nights Photography provides maternity, newborn, baby, child, senior, family, and athlete photography in Chicago and its western suburbs, especially Naperville, Hinsdale, Wheaton, Downers Grove, Elmhurst, Burr Ridge, and Oak Brook. We also provide headshots and commercial photography. Really, we do everything except weddings and events. We even do amazing boudoir photography through our sister brand of Fiery Nights Boudoir. Located in downtown Naperville with a studio that is as unique as our work, we also provide on-location sessions.
rbeen featured on Chicago’s ABC News and had articles published both locally and nationally. Our work can be seen in doctor’s offices, calendars, international magazines, national advertisements, catalogs, and countless homes.
- 2017 – Named Naperville’s Best Photographer by Naperville Magazine
- 2017 PPA GIA nominee for Best Senior image
- 2017 – Named Top Chicago Maternity Photographers by Expertise
- 2017 Best Senior Image – NAPCP international image competition
- 2017 2nd Place Best Senior Image – NAPCP international image competition
- 2017 3rd place Best Sibling Image – NAPCP international image competition
- 2017 – Named Top 50 Commercial Photography Blogs & Websites by Commercial Photographers in the nation
- March 2017 – feature article in Shutterbug Magazine
- January 2017 – feature article in Professional Photographer magazine
- 2017 PPANI Board Member – Speaker Chair
- 2016 PPANI highest scoring image
- 2016 Best Photographer – Glancer Magazine
- 2016 Silver Medalist – International PPA image competition
- 2015 Merited Images (2) – NAPCP international image competition
- 2015 Best Photographer – Naperville Magazine
- 2014 Best Photographer – Glancer Magazine
- 2013 Best Photographer – Naperville Magazine
- 2012 Best Senior Image – NAPCP international image competition
- 2011 Director’s Choice – Stories of Autism
- 2011 Best Photographer – Naperville Magazine
- 2012 Best Photographer – Naperville Magazine
Chicago Tribune Article – Special Needs – April 2015
Inspired Magazine article – June 2017